Mast Climbing Work Platform (MCWP) – Multi-Skill SEC(K)
From 1 January 2019, all construction firms must have at least 10% of their work permit holders (WPHs) to be qualified as “Higher Skilled” R1 workers. Construction personnel registered under the Multi-skilling Scheme are qualified as “Higher Skilled” R1 workers under the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)’s Foreign Worker Levy Scheme. This Multi-skilling Scheme is under Workforce Training and Upgrading (WTU) Scheme and firms may apply to the Scheme for funding support by BCA.
17 hours (inc. 5 hours test) / 2.5 day
Medium of Instruction
Written Test Paper:
12 pax (Maximum)
61 Senoko Drive
Training Fee (per pax):
$550+$38.50 (7% GST) = $588.50
Test Fee (per pax):
$640+$44.80 (7% GST) = $684.80
Training + Test Fee (per pax):
1,190+$83.30 (7% GST) = $1,273.30
From the courses under the Scheme, employers will have greater flexibility in deploying multi-skilled workers on-site, hence reducing the downtime and improving their productivity.
For experienced workers, who are competent in multiple construction trades to carry out more than one type of work tasks on-site. And who wish to upgrade to “Higher Skilled” R1 construction workers through Multi-skilling Scheme. This course is designed for candidates who intend to qualify to be a Multi-Skilled worker.
- Minimum of 4 years of construction experience in Singapore; and 2 acceptable certifications.
- For the first certification: Any SEC or SEC(K) certifications; or Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) certification, for Malaysian WPH
- OR Second certification: Any SEC(K) trade certification in a different trade from the first certification
- Meet Continuing Education & Training (CET) requirements (for Renewal).
- Written Test – PASSED
- Practical Test – PASSED
- Learner must pass BOTH written and practical assessments
– Course attendance: 100%
– Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.