SHIPYARD SAFETY INSTRUCTION COURSE FOR WORKERS – GENERAL TRADE (SSIC-GT)
The SSIC-GT is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in the shipbuilding and ship repairing industry. Shipyard workers are required to go through the SSIC before they start work at the shipyard.
8 hours / 1 day (Include 1 hour assessment)
Medium of Instruction
61 Senoko Drive Singapore 75823
On completion of this course, the participants will
be able to recognize the safety hazards in Shipyard
work, aware on the preventive measures to adopted,
and the importance of observing safety signs and
safe work procedures.
- Understand legal obligations in workplace safety and health
- Identify hazards in a shipyard
- Recognize all types of industrial safety signs
- Understand application process for safety permit prior to hot work
- Complement in wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Understand case studies on two shipyard fire and explosion accidents
- Respond in case of fire or emergency
- Course Assessment – 40 MCQ Passing mark: 60%
Learner must pass written assessment
Course attendance: 100%
*Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.