Suspended Scaffold Supervisors Course
Under The WSH (Scaffolds) Regulations 2011:
- “No scaffold (including “gondola”) shall be erected, installed, re-positioned, altered or dismantled except by an approved scaffold contractor”
- “An approved scaffold contractor shall employ or engage only scaffold (“gondola”) supervisors, scaffold erectors and suspended scaffold (“gondola”) riggers who have undergone a course of training approved by the Commissioner”
- “The scaffold supervisor (for both scaffold and suspended scaffolds-“gondola”) shall be a person who has undergone a course of training approved by the Commissioner”
- “The scaffold (including “gondola”) supervisor shall ensure that the scaffold (including “gondola”) is erected, installed, re-poisitioned, altered or dismantled in accordance with requirements in the WSH (Scaffolds) Regulations.”
- Course Duration32 hours (inc. hours of assessment) / 4 days
- Medium of InstructionEnglish
- Class SizeMaximum 24
Global Training Services Pte Ltd
254 Woodlands Industrial Park E5
- Class Fee
1-5 pax : $ 428.00
6pax & above : $ 406.60
By the end of the course, participants would be equipped with the knowledge and skills to supervise the erection, installation, re-positioning, alteration or dismantling of a “Gondola”.
This course is specially designed for personnel who wish to be trained and engaged as “Gondola Supervisor” by an approved scaffold contractor to supervise the erection, installation, re-positioning, alteration or dismantling of a “Gondola”.
- Singapore citizen, Permanent Resident or Holder of valid employment pass/work
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be physically and mentally fit for the training.
- Able to understand and communicate in language of instruction
- Introduction to Legal Requirements
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Safe Rigging of Suspended Scaffolds
- Safe Use & Inspection of Suspended Scaffolds
- Interpretation of Design Drawings
- Accident Investigation and Case Studies
- Understanding standard components and parts of suspended scaffold including different outriggers and anchorages
- Pre-start check of equipment and gears, start-up procedures, shut- down procedures and emergency procedures
- Practise rigging, termination of wire ropes and installation of suspended scaffold
- Visual check of suspended scaffold, braking system, safety devices, anchorage points, wire ropes and related details
- Trouble-shooting of winch/climbing mechanism
- Proper use of personal protective equipment (body harness) and life line
The Passing Criteria are as such:
- Written Assessment 50 MCQ – 65%
- Practical Assessment -100%
- Learner must pass BOTH written and practical assessments
- Course attendance: 100% attendance. Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.
Upon successful completion of the course, a Certificate / Card endorsed by Global Training Services will be issued to all participants.