Formwork Safety Course For Supervisors
Under the Workplace Safety & Health (Construction) Regulations states:
“A formwork supervisor shall be appointed to supervise the construction, erection, alteration or dismantling and inspection of formwork structure at any worksite”. “No person shall be appointed as a formwork supervisor in a worksite unless he has received adequate safety and health training to familiarize him with the hazards associated with the construction, erection, alteration or dismantling of the formwork structure and the precautions to be observed”. “No formwork structure shall be constructed, erected, altered or dismantled in a worksite except under the immediate supervision of a formwork supervisor”.
- Course Duration36 hours (inc. hours of assessment) / 5 days
- Medium of InstructionEnglish
- Class SizeMaximum 30
Global Training Services Pte Ltd
254 Woodlands Industrial Park E5
- Class Fee
1-5 pax : $ 374.50
6pax & above : $ 353.10
By the end of the course, participants would be equipped with the knowledge on the proper inspection of formwork during construction, erection, alteration or dismantling in order to prevent accidents
This course is designed for personnel appointed to supervise the construction, erection, alteration or dismantling and inspection of formwork structures at any worksite.
- Singapore citizen, Permanent Resident or Holder of valid employment pass/work
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be physically and mentally fit for the training.
- Assumed Skills and Knowledge: Workplace Literacy & Numeracy Level 4
- 1.Apply the WSH Act and its subsidiary legislations and relevant Codes of Practice to the construction, erection, alteration or dismantling of any formwork structure in a worksite
- 2.List the roles and responsibilities of a formwork supervisor
- Assist in carrying out risk assessment for formwork activities
- Apply the fundamentals of formwork structure construction
- Ensure formwork structure construction is in accordance with approved design
- Inspect formwork structure before, during and after concreting
- Respond to failure in formwork structure, fire and emergencies
Skills Development Fund (SDF) (Fee Type: Full Fee)
Participants who are Singaporean or Singapore PR and sponsored by company are eligible for SDF Fundings. To be eligible for the SDF funding, companies are required to enroll their trainees through the SkillsConnect System.
For assistance, please call WDA at 68835885 or log-on to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for more information.
- Written Assessment
100 MCQ – 65%
- Role Play / Case Study – 65%
- Course attendance: 75% Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.
Upon successful completion of the course, a Certificate / Card endorsed by Global Training Services will be issued to all participants.