Formwork Safety Course For Workers
In view of a series of accidents involving formwork structures which had raised concerns, the Workplace Safety and Health Council (WSHC), in collaboration with MOM, had developed the new Formwork Safety Course for Workers (FSCW). This course is designed to help to develop the competencies of the general formwork workers in Singapore.
This is a WSH training course for all formwork workers to facilitate and safely construct, erect, alter and dismantle the formwork structures at any worksite.
Employers involved in formwork construction are strongly encouraged to send their workers to attend this course.
- Course Duration7 hours (inc. hours of assessment) / 1 days
- Medium of InstructionEnglish
- Class SizeMaximum 40
Global Training Services Pte Ltd
254 Woodlands Industrial Park E5
- Class Fee
1-5 pax : $ 96.30
6pax & above : $ 85.60
By the end of the course, participants will be competently trained with necessary knowledge and skills to perform formwork activities safely.
This course is designed for personnel appointed to perform formwork activities which include formwork workers/tradesmen.
- Singapore citizen, Permanent Resident or Holder of valid employment pass/work
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be physically and mentally fit for the training.
- Assumed Attitude, Skills and Knowledge: Workplace Literacy & Numeracy Level 3
Part 1 – Course Assessment
- Applicable WSH legal and other requirements
- Role of Worker in Formwork Activities
- Fundamentals of Formwork Construction
- Types of Formwork
- Basic Risk Assessment for Worker Level
- Hazards Identification for Formwork Activities
- Safety & Health Measures for Formwork Activities
- Personal Protective Equipment for Formwork Activities
Part 2 – Hazards Identification
- To identify the hazards, unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, control measures or PPE for formwork activities based on the pictorials provided.
Skills Development Fund (SDF) (Fee Type: Full Fee)
Participants who are Singaporean or Singapore PR and sponsored by company are eligible for SDF Fundings. To be eligible for the SDF funding, companies are required to enroll their trainees through the SkillsConnect System.
For assistance, please call WDA at 68835885 or log-on to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for more information.
The Passing Criteria are as such:
- Written Assessment
- Part 1-Course Assessment- 20 MCQ
- Part 2-Hazard Identification – 20 MCQ
- Overall: 60%
- Learner must pass BOTH parts of the written assessments
- Course attendance: 100% attendance. Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.
Upon successful completion of the course, a Certificate / Card endorsed by Global Training Services will be issued to all participants.