Metal Scaffold Erection Course
Under the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) 2006 Act, all persons who perform metal scaffold erection in the building and construction industry must take the metal scaffold erector course and be certified to ensure safety on the job.
Under the WSH (Scaffolds) Regulations:
“Every scaffold exceeding 4 metres shall be erected, installed, re-positioned, altered or dismantled by a scaffold erector who has undergone a course of training approved by the Commissioner”.
- Course Duration38 hours (inc. hours of assessment) / 5 days / 9 nights
- Medium of InstructionEnglish
- Class SizeMaximum 18
Global Training Services Pte Ltd
254 Woodlands Industrial Park E5
- Class Fee
1-5 pax : $ 363.80
6pax & above : $ 342.40
By the end of the course, participants will be competently trained with necessary knowledge and skills to erect and dismantle different types of commonly used metal scaffold in the construction and related industry
This course is designed for all workers working in the construction and related industry. Mandatory & Compulsory for ALL Scaffold Erectors. Formwork & falsework supports erectors may also attend.
- Singapore citizen, Permanent Resident or Holder of valid employment pass/work
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Must be physically and mentally fit for the training.
- Able to understand and communicate in the language of instruction.
- Introduction to Metal Scaffolding
- Types and classification of a scaffold system
- Basic definition, terminology and materials for metal scaffold
- Requirements for ties and braces
- Static and mobile tower scaffold and their requirements
- Safety in the erection and dismantling of modular scaffold
- Rules and regulations in erection and dismantling
Erection and dismantling of the following scaffold in line with safe work procedures, general principles and requirements of WSH(Scaffold) Regulations and CP 14:-
- Frame scaffold
- Tubular independent tied scaffold
- Tower scaffold
- Modular scaffold
Skills Development Fund (SDF) (Fee Type: Full Fee)
Participants who are Singaporean or Singapore PR and sponsored by company are eligible for SDF Fundings. To be eligible for the SDF funding, companies are required to enroll their trainees through the SkillsConnect System.
For assistance, please call WDA at 68835885 or log-on to www.skillsconnect.gov.sg for more information.
The Passing Criteria are as such:
- Written Assessment – 30 MCQ – 60%
- Practical Assessment – 100%
- Learner must pass BOTH written and practical assessments
- Course attendance: 100% attendance. Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.
Upon successful completion of the course, a Certificate / Card endorsed by Global Training Services will be issued to all participants.