SUSPENDED SCAFFOLD (Gondola) –Multi-Skill SEC(K)
From 1 January 2017, all construction firms must have at least 10% of their work permit holders (WPHs) to be qualified as “Higher Skilled” R1 workers. Construction personnel registered under the Multi-skilling Scheme are qualified as “Higher Skilled” R1 workers under the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)’s Foreign Worker Levy Scheme. This Multi-skilling Scheme is under Workforce Training and Upgrading (WTU) Scheme and firms may apply to the Scheme for funding support by BCA.
- Course Duration17 hrs / 3 days (including 5 hours Test)
- Medium of InstructionEnglish
Written Test Paper:
- Class Size6 pax (Maximum)
- Venue61 Senoko Drive Singapore 758238
- Class FeeTraining Fee (per pax): $450+$31.50 (7% GST) = $481.50 Test Fee (per pax): $640+$44.80 (7% GST) = $684.80 Training + Test Fee (per pax): $1,090+$76.30 (7% GST) = $1,166.30
- Minimum of 4 years of construction experience in Singapore; and 2 acceptable certifications.
- For First certification:
- OR Second certification:
- Either one of the certificate accredited by MOM LSP course: Suspended Scaffold Riggers Course (SSRC) OR Suspended Scaffold Supervisors Course (SUSSC)
- Meet Continuing Education & Training (CET) requirements (for Renewal).
- Introduction to Suspended Scaffolds (Gondola)
- Suspended Scaffolds
- Terminology & Methodology
- Inspection & Maintenance
- Legal Requirements
- Workplace Safety & Health (Risk Management)
- Construction Productivity (Building & Construction Authority)
- Pre-operation and Safety Check
- Cradle Body Assembly / Positioning of Gondola
- Gondola Installation
- Startup/Test Run
- Dismantling of Gondola
- Rigger’s Role - Assistant
- Safety, Work Habits & Attitude
- Assembly of the Counter- Weight System
- Written Test – Passed
- Practical Test – Passed
- Learner must pass BOTH written and practical assessments
- Course attendance: 75% Late comers will not be allowed to sit for the test.